This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product in store, online or by other means but don’t have an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you sign up to our newsletters.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms on the site.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What sort of Personal data do we collect?
- If you have a web account with us: your name, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your interactions with us by phone, in store, or online.
- Details of your shopping preferences.
- Details of your visits and user data to our websites or social media platform
- Payment card information at time of purchase
- Your comments and product reviews.
Why do we use your personal data?
- To get a better picture of you and your experience with us we combine and analyse the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
- To process any orders that you make instore or by using our website or social media stores. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, SMS and online about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services
How we protect your data
- We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
Sharing your data
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers, technicians, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object, and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- A computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us, and the right to have your information transferred to another entity where this is technically possible.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. To do so click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any direct marketing or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Further information about data protection, privacy and your rights can be obtained from visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au.